Thursday, July 4, 2013

Switch it change it rearrange it

I think (I hope) most of you know that I use my blog to rant some times. It doesn't mean I hate life or training or anything like that. Some times I just need to let it out. I can't rant it Mr. Tea. He doesn't really want to hear about my ups and downs of training.

So, I do it here. It's a safe place, right? Not many people have access to it, so I don't have to worry about anyone thinking I'm a nut-case.

IT'S PART OF TRAINING. I can't point to ONE of my friends who go through a training cycle thinking everything is peachy keene.

How many times have I yelled about hating running? Or cycling? Or how many times have I quit altogether? Probably 10 times just in the last week.

There ya go.

Another rant to click off my list.

The THING I really wanted to talk about today on the Tea Show is nutrition because I'm quite pleased with how things are working out for me lately.

A few things you should know:
1.) I hate counting calories
2.) I know. I really needed to lose some weight. I know. Not for me.....for the people WATCHING ME RACE. For God's sake there are children watching!

No one should have to see that.

3.) I'm just not a fan of the scale.
4.) I've never been one to jump on any bandwagon: no low carb, no gluten free, no low fat, etc.

Keep in mind: These are just my little oddities. The sooner you make peace with my weirdness, the better we will get along.


But, I was stuck. It was really making me crazy. Nothing was working for me, and everything required counting calories. UGH. UGH. NO. I'm not going to be a slave to MYFITNESSPAL.

This whole losing fat thing made me crazy because I eat so well. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? Am I eating too much? Too little? WHAT??? (I Yelled raising my fists to the heavens).

I eat pretty clean. No processed foods and organic when possible. I cook alot. I cook every meal.

I really believe that there's no one size fits all approach. We're all different heights, genders, have different body composition....(mine of course consisting of 65% total hottie and 35% scaring the children---or maybe that's backward...anyway).

DISCLAIMER
YOU'RE GORGEOUS AND LOOK FANTASTIC IN SPANDEX. Therefore, what I write next is strictly about ME.

I picked up the book "Racing Weight".

And the skies parted

And the sun was shining down on me like an angel

FINALLY! A program that makes SENSE.

Without counting calories.

Without jumping on any new weight loss bandwagon.

I've been reading the book for about 3 weeks now. (Hey, I'm a busy person). Honestly, I feel really great. I feel like I can give more in my workouts now. I can go longer, and I recover faster.

And I have lost some fat, but I still haven't gotten on the scale. I can see it. Don't tell anyone, but I looked at myself naked. That's how I know.

I'm not all the way through the book. I implemented pieces slower (a week at a time). My goal is to get leaner to get faster. It's not to lose weight just so I can see a certain number on the scale.

Here's the best part....it's easy for me. At this point, dealing with family issues and some work stress, I really need easy.

So that's it. At the end of July, I have my A race...super favorite race. By that time, I will be doing this for almost two months. It'll be a great test for me. By that time my training will be working for almost 2 months (significantly better than it had been going for my last two races) and my new nutrition plan will have been in place for awhile.

Hopefully, I'll see good results on race day.


(shhhhh, I'm also racing this weekend. Saturday and Sunday. If I'm not crying by the end of the weekend, I'll tell you all about it. I'm sure you'll be waiting with bated breath).