Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Run, walk, stare at wrist.

Ms. G has been dying a very slow and Painful (for me) death.

First, the heart rate monitor function stopped.

Then, I couldn't use any training options.

Then, I could no longer upload to *anything*, not to training center, not to bt.com, not to buckeyeoutdoors.com.

BUT! I still had time and distance and average pace, right?

Well, I did until today when my garmin happily reported that I was running, running.....yes I WAS RUNNING a pace of 58:26.

The 3.7 mile course? Garmin insists it was 2.8.

Not to be outdone, my total time according to Garmin was 21 minutes.

I'm not the BEST at physics, but I know that Rate x Time = Distance. 

I also know that 1 mph X 21 minutes does NOT equal 2.8 miles.

So, I ran today. I have a general idea of how far I went. An approximate time of how long I took - minus the time that I stood in the middle of the street staring questioningly at my Garmin, willing it to start working. 

I'm not complaining. It was a sunny 45 degrees when I took off this morning. How can that ever be a bad thing?

4 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds like time for some shopping!!!

Julie said...

OHHHNOOOOOOO!!!! It's my biggest fear please don't let my Garmin die!!!

Jumper 2.0 said...

My Garmin Forerunner 305 was replaced for only 79$. Go to the site and see if you can do the same thing.

And yes, It was out of warranty!

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

Wes said...

YAY! New electronic gadgetry!