Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Phase 2: Nutrition

So.

Um.

This long course thing? It's hard work.

I should say. It's hard work to do it correctly. I might make mistakes....hard to believe, but yes, I have made mistakes.....BUT, I'm finally doing everything the way I need to, to get the results I want.

That includes nutrition.

In the past, when my volume picked up. If you crossed my path after a long workout, I would eat off your face.


My long course fueling consisting of brownies & scones & all that super yummy stuff. It also consisted of weight gain, troubles with recovery, sleep and the list goes on.

I didn't want to go through that again. I wanted to be fueled up to support a high level of volume, to allow for recovery, and to get me to the next level of performance.....all without weight gain.

That can't be too difficult, right? In the past, it was stupid hard because I'd given up. Calories in and calories out was bullshit. I was mentally done with it all.

I worked with Dina last year. I lost over 26lbs. I shaved time off my running paces. I got stronger on the bike. The changes were amazing. I was recovering fast. I was sleeping better.

I followed her recommendations through half marathon training (PR); through 5k races (PR); and she helped me before, during & after surgery. (Seriously, I feel like I had a record breaking recovery from surgery).

It was only expected that we'd work together for long course fueling.

The timing was perfect. I was just starting to feel a little lost. I was doing more trial and error than I wanted. 

She and I met today. 

Now, I'm ARMED WITH KNOWLEDGE! 

AND A PLAN for my upcoming long workouts!


Are you as excited as I am?