Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What it's really like


After my last post, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I want this blog to be nowadays.

If it was truly just for me; then no one would be able to read it.

It is for me.

It's also for you.

What's been missing? The broken record post, really got me thinking. I *do* sound like a broken record. Yet, my life is anything but the same races, same training, same day to day.

It's really easy to write about those awesome workouts where I feel invincible. It's also easy to write about the races that didn't go the way I thought they would.

What's missing is all the inbetween stuff. The every day stuff is missing. Between fantastic workouts & races, there's a lot of life stuff that takes place.

Some days, I'm confident. Some days, I'm not. Some days, I fuel perfectly. Some days, I have to make a rescue call in the middle of a long run. Some days, I have to negotiate a training and work schedule. Some days, I'm making an emergency drive to have lunch with JMan or Googs. Some days, I feel strong. Some days, I wish I had an easier hobby.

I feel like I haven't been honest in who I am. It hasn't been intentional. I don't believe I've ever painted a picture of myself that is different than who I am. I've never hidden my paces or race times.

I want to write more of "what am I really thinking"; not just, "what's a good read?"


Don't worry. There will be plenty of self deprecating humor and ridiculousness, but there'll be other stuff too.

Hopefully, you faithful reader(s) won't might some of the changes.

No comments: