Saturday, November 21, 2015

I dreamed a dream



A funny thing happened to me. I had an Ironman race dream. Keep in mind that I'm not signed up for an Ironman; I don't have any immediate plans to do one; and I'm in my off season.

This was not a normal race dream where everything goes wrong or you get lost in transition or your bike is on the 3rd floor of a department store.....yes, I really had that one.

In the dream, I was doing Ironman AZ. I had a fantastic swim. I got to transition and that's where things got funny.

"I forgot my bike and running shoes! I can't continue"

All of a sudden, my bike and running shoes are there.

"I Forgot my fuel! I have to stop!"

My water bottles all of a sudden are ready to go.

In other words, I was set up for a great race. I felt it. Yet, here I was making excuses. I knew that's what I was doing.

When I woke up, I realized that there's nothing left blocking my way to anything. That's what the dream was about.  The only thing that will stop me is ME not wanting to do it. I have no more excuses.

That's a pretty big step for me.

Speaking of big steps. It has become very clear to me that Liz has me working on my endurance strength.

How do I know?

Because this is how I look when I run.

I continue to strength train/do plyo workouts 3-4 times per week, depending on the week. Often times, my legs are....what's the word? Sore.....tired....miserable...when I run. 

I kept saying that all the work I've done at the Oly is going to help me when I get to the 70.3.

Guess what? 

I WAS RIGHT.

What I have found is that when I focus on my running and break it down in my head (while I'm running), I realize that.....hey....my breathing isn't horribly labored like it is in the Oly. My legs just hurt.

WELL HELL.....I can handle the physical discomfort!

That's much much easier than Oly training. I CAN TOTALLY DO THIS! EAT PAIN MOTHA FOCKA! #TASTESLIKEVINEGAR #BUTILIKEIT



And finally, some really big news.....I have decided on a FALL 70.3 2016. I present you with.....


which also just happens to be....


Let's do this thing, shall we?