Thursday, September 10, 2015

Decompressing

Apparently, I owe you post. Probably more so after my FB post the other day.

I know. It's been awhile. I've started and stopped several posts over the past few weeks. I'm all inspired. I start a post. I get interrupted. I go back to it later in the day....and

and so, I don't finish it.


There is a lot going on, a whole lot. Fortunately, I think we're through the worst of it. We have some really great things on the horizon. As Mr. Tea profoundly said yesterday, "We just need some time to decompress. We need a few months of just being able to be".

Decompress. Yes. That.

This post isn't meant to be a drama filled post. It's more or less to 'splain why I've been missing.

We have a really exciting change coming to our lives, hopefully very soon. (GOOD GOD NO. I'm not pregnant.)

I would tell you ALL about the good news, right now. But if the last 6 months have taught me anything it's never trust a fart, and everything changes constantly....I'm not to the point where I can trust good news. I'm sure you have BTDT.

Hold on tight. It will be forthcoming. Of course, it's going to be a pretty big let down to YOU, but to me....it's everything.

What's been going on?

Wow. It's really hard to go back and think about it all.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Work has been fantastic. There is so much I could say about it. Every day I think about how fortunate we are. We are able to share that with employees.

Training goes on at a much lighter volume, which is really nice. I have people always trying to convince me to do more races, but if you know me at all....I do what I want not what other people want me to do. I have a long long history with running. I'm doing swims/bikes a couple of times a week, but mostly, I'm running.....and I really really like it. (And strength training!)

Nutrition is going well, but I already posted about that on FB.

I can tell you one thing.

I had to cut someone out of my life. The decision was very difficult. Once I made the decision, I felt really good, like it was the right move.

The sad part is that I had to do it because (although we had been friends for a long time), I couldn't deal with their angry, hateful comments anymore. (These comments were not directed at me). You're probably wondering why I was friends for so long.....sometimes.....it's really hard to make that decision on someone you've known a very long time.

What makes it even harder is that they don't understand how hateful and angry they are. Everyone else can see it, but they can't. They think they're being funny. This person once told me, "I don't make friends easily." Well, it's because you treat people like shit. You don't have to act that way.  Being nice isn't a weakness.

That person is gone now. I thought I was going to feel empty, but I just felt free.

That's where I stand. A lot has happened, and some of it I just plain don't want to go through again.

But being active helped me get through every thing, somewhat sane.

Now it's time to focus on the really great stuff (fingers crossed) that is right around the corner.