Sunday, August 23, 2015

Colossal Fail

What is off season? For every triathlete, you'll get a different answer.

With tremendous trepidation, I stopped coaching. I thought it would be nice to not be analyzed for awhile.

Wake up in the morning and R*U*N!!! 

Or go RIDE! 

Or SWIM! 

On my own terms!

The first week off....I did nothing. Granted. I was tired. I've never been so tired in my life. I think all that hardcore training and mental focus 'n shit, finally caught up to me.

The second week: I swam. I started to run again and I rode.....all without a purpose. It was fun for the first two days. 

Then, I got bored with it. What should I run today? How far should I ride? The novelty wore off quick.

Today, I woke up and was buzzing around the house with more energy than I've had in awhile. Mr. Tea turns to me and says, "That's it. I'm calling Liz. I can't handle you with this much energy."

Truth is. I miss this.



So, I humbly wrote Liz an email.

PLEASE TAKE ME BACK. NOW! NOW! NOW! IF YOU DON'T IMMA GET DIVORCED!

There you go. 

I'm still in my off season, but I need a purpose. I'll be starting with Liz again in Sept.

Oh...and I have goals

But now, hopefully, I'll also remain married.