Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Binge & Purge

   
In the past year, I was so lucky to meet a bunch of new people. For me, it takes awhile to get to know people. My personal opinion is that EVERYONE is cool when things are going well, but people show their true colors when bad things happen in their life.

I guess it's been a couple of months, there were a few of these people that I just needed to get out of my life. I wouldn't call them friends at all. They were more like acquaintances that I saw on a regular basis.

The FB posts or comments in real life or email messages....showed me, over time, that I don't want to have anything to do with these people.

I took steps to make sure that happened.

Triathlon is hard enough. We don't need negative people around who are going to complain or call other people names (like high schoolers) or criticize other people's choices, right?

For ****s sake, this has been the year of relationships for me, hasn't it?

I'm at this point.

Training is going well.

I have wonderful people in my life supporting me. (Hopefully, they feel like they have my support as well, in WHATEVER they choose to do).

For the first time in awhile, I feel like I know what I want. I know what it takes to get there.

In the simplest terms, I'm in a really good place. I was chatting with someone over FB today about race schedules.

I hadn't realized how excited I was to race. I'm usually excited to race but not like this....not this early in the year.

I'm going to have my best year of racing yet.

My A race? PR. I'm calling it now.

How do I know?

Because I'm a believe it before you see it type of person.

And  I believe it.

That 70.3 at the end of the year? All I can say is be prepared to be amazed. I have some goals for that race and a plan to get there.

The races that I came in 2nd and 3rd last year? My sisters better be ready because I'm going to be very hard to catch. It's going to come down to wanting it. They are going to have to want it more than me.

And I want it pretty bad.