Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What do you dream of?

I don't want to talk about training.

I don't want to talk about how far or fast I ran.


I don't want to talk about what I ate before or after or how much sleep I got or if it was good or bad.


I don't want to talk about budgets. 


I don't want to talk about how much to pay this or that vendor. 


I don't want to talk about a late or damaged delivery.


I don't want to talk about the kids,


or their sports,


or their grades.



I want to talk about me. 


or you.


Or does this dress look good on me?


or this one?


Or what are you afraid of? What do you love?


Where Have I been? Where do I want to go? 


or could I disappear for 6 months?


where would I go?  What would I do?


would you go with me?


Let's be frivolous.


Let's stay up all night talking over a bottle of wine.


I want to....go.


I want to climb Macchu Picchu.


I want to stare in wonder at pyramids.


I want to wonder if I could have been Queen in ancient Egypt.


Je veux marcher le long de la seine


et de boire du cafĂ©


I want to kiss the blarney stone.


Where will I be in 5 years? On top of a mountain? In the middle of the ocean? Sitting on a beach watching the sunrise?


Will I be here? 











3 comments:

LBTEPA said...

I will come to Macchu Pichu with you! And you look great in that dress. (btw, red or white? Have you tried sparkling shiraz?)

Bill said...

Staring at the Pyramids is cool. Until you realize how close to the Sphinx, and downtown Cairo, complete with KFC, it really is.

Please let me sit next to y'all at Macchu Pichu?!!?

Titanium said...

Love this, Tea.

I'd carry the beverages in my pack for all of us so we can properly picnic on Macchu Pichu.