Saturday, December 19, 2009

And they're OFF!!!

Dear Diary,

Today was my FIRST DAY OF ULTRA MARATHON TRAINING!

I am SO Excited!

I got all packed up, and....

and....

I WENT SWIMMING! 3100m.

cuz that's just how I roll.

A few random thoughts I had while swimming:

"I wonder if that guy sitting on the bench is waiting for me to get out of the water to tell me how I awesome I am?"

"Am I moving or am I staying still and the black line is moving?"

"Hey, this is pretty eas.......ack!...cough....took it too much water! Someone help me!"
"Just put your feet down you weanie"

"I can't hold this pace for one more meter!"
"yes, you can."
"No, I can't
"Ok, fine you weanie"

"Hey, you've called yourself a weanie twice today"

"Why do I refer to myself in the 3rd person?"

Tough: "3100m isn't much shorter than Ironman."
Me: "Yea, what's your point?"
Tough:"We should do more. Just for old time's sake"
Legs: "Speak for yourself. I have to carry this fat a$$ on a long run tomorrow. btw--did you ever take off that 5lbs? Cuz it sure don't feel like it"
Me: "You just need to shut up. You wouldn't be complaining had you finished that set of 40 squats."
Legs:"You can't pin this one on me. I was all for until you made me do that stupid Warrior 3 for like 10 minutes. Who pulls that kind of crap?"

"I got CHAMPION in my blood!"

*****
A very important part of going long is being able to maintain your focus. As you can tell, I do this EXCEPTIONALLY well.