Thursday, April 10, 2014

The countdown is on

Life has been insane lately. I've taken countdowns to keep me sane. I have a paper calendar. Every day, I put a giant X through the previous day.

1 week left of the Easter shopping craziness.

3 weeks left for school for JMan

4 weeks until finals are complete

5 weeks until graduation


It's been so busy that there are times that I feel like I'm losing all control. Yet, everything is still getting done....except maybe laundry....and grocery shopping. But what the hell? A few days a week of eating out and wearing previously worn clothes....not a big deal. Not until the clothes start to smell, right?

Really though, it's a matter of prioritizing. Right now, JMan's senior year and graduation and EVERYTHING that goes along with that is my first priority. It's been a couple of years since Googs graduated. I can't believe there is so much work involved. It's not just with graduation and dealing with Senioritis and finals and various awards ceremonies, but it's also getting ready for college.

We are short people in the warehouse and can't hire because of things yet to be announced. So, that's priority #2: Helping in every and any way possible, packing, taking pictures, dressing mannequins, taking out trash, sweeping the warehouse floor.

Then, training. I'm getting it all done, even when that means having to train ridiculously early or ridiculously late or missing masters in order to just plain get MY SWIM DONE.

I have virtually no downtime at the moment. HENCE, the reason for the countdowns. When my head hits the pillow at night, I'm exhausted....only to hear the alarm go off, seemingly, minutes later.

On the other hand, I'm getting crazy excited for the things yet to be announced. The first step has been completed. The second step will be done in about July.

In getting ready for that, I've been apartment shopping the Boulder area. We'll be going to Boulder this weekend, to check out the apartments that I've found online.

Why Boulder? It's nestled nicely between the two universities that my sons attend. Longmont is in the mix, but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for there; which is basically a luxury apartment that will pretty much take care of everything for me and that I don't have to worry about when I leave for weeks or months at a time. Broomfield is another option but not quite right because my preference is walking access to as much as possible. Although this move could happen as early as Oct. It could also be delayed for any length of time depending on things yet to be announced.

Besides that, we're looking for residence #2 which has to be resolved around August because of Step #2 (July) in things yet to be announced. 

Following me?

That's all I have time for. Gotta get my run on, so I can get to the warehouse early.

7 days until the end of the Easter craziness.